The Vidur tube preamp will be your biggest friend and ally in any bass related situation. Combining the soul of tubes with the comforts of modern technology. The entire audio path from in- to output consists of classic tube circuitry. Only to be assisted with a variety of innovations, to provide you with loads of functionality and interfacing options while offering unprecedented low noise levels and an awesome sounding preamp.
Why the name ‘Vidur’? I’m from the Netherlands, but I fell in love with the landscapes of Iceland while on holiday a few years back. Just riddled with wonders of nature. Truly beautiful and inspiring. Vi∂ur translates to ‘Wood’ in Icelandic. I always wanted some sort of hat tip to the bass guitar itself. Wood being the main contributor to the instrument’s shape and character. Together with the looks of the amp, the name Vidur solidifies the bond between bass and amp.
Choose your tubes
Different tubes have different sonic signatures. Although very subtle, they give you the opportunity to finetune your sound to taste. The vidur comes standard with Tung-Sol re-issue’s. The optional JJ Electronics perform marvelous as well.
- Tung-Sol (re-issue): warm, big, open and musical (default)
- JJ Electronics: warm, more upfront, bit darker, solid tone
Both tubes are high quality, have very low microphonics and have been tested thoroughly. Prefer you’re own brand? Please contact me, so we can figure something out.
- Two unique, user-selectable tube sound signatures
- Extremely low noise
- Single input with multiple padding options to accommodate for very small to extremely big input signals (read more…)
- ‘Always on’ tuner output
- Full parallel FX loop with wet/dry mixing, level control and phase switch
- Flexible line output, capable of driving (very) long leads, with level control, EQ pre/post selector, phase switch and groundlift
- 3-band tone control with 4-band mid frequency selection
- Multicolor and multipurpose LED indicators
- Foot switch available for all frontpanel switch options
- Inline audio path relay switching
- XLR and jack output connectors
- Detachable rack ears
- Mains filtering
- Hand built in the Netherlands
- Oh yeah, and it sounds awesome
|input impedance||1 Mohm (0dB pad), 100k (other pad settings)|
|input padding||0, -3, -6, -12 dB selectable|
|features||Mute (true bypass), frontpanel or footswitch|
|Two unique, selectable sound signatures|
|send impedance||47 ohm|
|return impedance||1 Mohm|
|features||Full parallel, 0% to 100% mixable|
|Return signal volume control|
|Usable as auxiliary input (MP3 player, drum machine, etc.)|
|Phase selection switch (0/180 degrees)|
|Instrument level or +6dB output selectable|
|True bypass, frontpanel or footswitch|
|type||3-band baxandall type EQ with 4-way mid-frequency select|
|mid frequencies||200Hz, 350Hz, 550Hz, 800Hz|
|features||True bypass, frontpanel or footswitch|
|tuner out||Buffered, always on|
|line out||Balanced XLR, capable of driving (very) long leads|
|Pre/post EQ selectable|
|Phase selectable (0/180 degrees)|
|Output level control, +/- 9dB|
|Ground lift (pin 1)|
|main outputs||1x Jack (TRS) (un)balanced and 2x XLR balanced|
|output impedance||600 ohm|
|footswitch||With LED indicators for mute, fx loop and EQ|
|tubes||1x 12ax7 / ECC83, 1x 12at7 / ECC81|
|mains voltage||110-120 VAC / 220-240 VAC selectable|
|Dimension||430 x 37.5 x 280mm (W x H x D)|
|weight||4,4 kg (9.7 lbs)|
|1HE (1 rackunit)|
|Detachable rack ears for 19″ mounting included|
- All tracks will play simultaneously. Click te speaker icons to disable or enable the associated track.
- Recording was done using a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 with 32 bit floating point wave @ 96kHz.
- No compression or other sound shaping was used. Tracks were only normalized to -3dB.
- Each track is a separate MP3 file with variable bitrate between 220 and 260kbps at 48kHz. Uncompressed files available on request.
- Many thanks to good friend and awesome bass player Sander Zuidhoek who’s responsible for these tunes.
Finger Funk: Fender Jazz bass ’75. Both pickups fully open. EQ off, Mojo off.
Finger Funk: Musicman Stingray ’97. Bass EQ set to neutral. EQ off, Mojo on.
Slap: Fender Jazz bass ’75. Both pickups fully open. EQ off, Mojo off.
Finger melodic: Fender Jazz bass ’75. Both pickups fully open. EQ off, Mojo off.
Bach on Fender: Fender Jazz bass ’75. Both pickups fully open. EQ off, Mojo off.